What is Minty?
TSCF’s Ministry Internship Year (Minty) is about seeking to invest in and develop students in their Christian faith, in any occupation or season. Our prayer is that throughout the year, you will wrestle and grow with God’s Word and how to apply it to all of life. You’ll be discipled in ministry as well as part-time work. We’ll look at developing skills and habits that will equip you to be more faithful and fruitful as a Christian, whatever you do next in life.
The aim of Minty is taken from Psalm 92:12–15:
12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
13 planted in the house of the Lord,
they will flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green,
15 proclaiming, “The Lord is upright;
he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”
Who is Minty for?
Minty is for anyone who wants to invest in their Christian faith, to help them be faithful and fruitful for the Lord for a lifetime. Whether you’re looking to explore a long-term call to ministry work, or to learn skills and grow as a Christian to prepare for any career, the internship is for you!
What are the key dates throughout the year?
The internship kicks off the year with our first retreat in February. At this retreat, we will cover a “Minty 101” introduction, along with the grand story found in the Bible, and other skills which will help to set you up for the year. After this, you will head back to your campus and work closely with your staff supervisor throughout the year. Together, you will work through the “five S’s” of the internship – Support raising, Supervision, Salaried work, Students, and Study. Throughout the year, we will meet for more retreats, which will provide a great time to reflect, build comradery and be together as a wider Minty team.
An outline of the Minty year:
- September: Internship applications open.
- November: Decision on successful Minty applications.
- November – February: Successful applicants will receive support raising training and be encouraged to begin partnering with supporters.
- February: The official launch of the year begins with our first retreat.
- Feb – June: Interns will be working with their staff supervisor at their local campus.
- June: Mid-year retreat, Summit.
- June – October: Interns return to continue working on campus.
- October: We finish off the internship with our final retreat.